In recent years on this blog, I’ve provided the readers with a year-end report such as the one you are about to read. I’ve done this as a way of celebrating how God has used the blog over the previous year. I’m not sure that I will continue to do this — because I certainly don’t want to come off sounding like I’m bragging on me — but I will at least do this one more round of it. Here goes.
As of this moment today, December 31st, 2021, the blog’s total number of hits all time stands at 357,936, and the total number of views for 2021 stands at 86,446. That’s up from last year’s 68,970. The total number of visitors for 2021 stands at 57,471, up from last year’s 42,927. Obviously, these are good signs.
One problem that I had to deal with this past year much more so than in previous years was spam. I attribute this to the site getting more popular. To counteract the illegitimate number of visitors and views created by all the spam, I spent time a whole lot of time blocking each spam commenter. That, at least, prevented that commenter from registering any more fake views and thus skewing the blog’s true numbers. In the end, there’s no doubt that some of the 86,446 views for the year didn’t come from legitimate viewers, but I think I did a pretty fair job of keeping the spam curtailed. That means that the numbers are about as reasonably accurate as I could make them.
As for the blog’s most viewed posts for 2021, eight of the top ten remained the same from last year with just a bit of reshuffling in regards to the order. The list reads as follows:
- #1: The 10 Times Israel Tested God (6,431 views) (#1 in 2020)
- #2: What a Bird’s Nest Can Teach Us About God’s Will (3,776) (#2 in 2020)
- #3: What Satan Did to Peter: Sifting (2,855) (#3 in 2020)
- #4: Does God Want Everyone to Get Married? (2,714) (#6 in 2020)
- #5: The Beasts at Ephesus (2,496) (#7 in 2020)
- #6: What Will Life Be Like in Christ’s Millennial Reign? (2,067) (#10 in 2020)
- #7: How Would You Describe Your Walk With the Lord These Days? (1,173) (#4 in 2020)
- #8: The Plowing of the Wicked Is Sin (1,050) (not in top 10 in 2020)
- #9: What Satan Did to Judas: Possession (962) (not in top 10 in 2020)
- #10: How Does a Worm Get Inside an Apple? (879) (#5 in 2020)
As for the list of the top 10 posts in terms of all-time views, here are the rankings:
- #1: Does God Want Everyone to Get Married? (22,098 views) (#1 in 2020)
- #2: The 10 Times Israel Tested God (17,548) (#2 in 2020)
- #3: What a Bird’s Nest Can Teach Us About God’s Will (11,855) (#4 in 2020)
- #4: How Does a Worm Get Inside an Apple? (9,920) (#3 in 2020)
- #5: What Satan Did to Peter: Sifting (4,920) (#8 in 2020)
- #6: How Would You Describe Your Walk With the Lord These Days? (4,770) (#5 in 2020)
- #7: The Beasts at Ephesus (3,953) (not in top 10 in 2020)
- #8: What Will Life Be Like in Christ’s Millennial Reign? (3,884) (not in top 10 in 2020)
- #9: Lessons from Habakkuk (2,845) (#6 in 2020)
- #10: What Satan Did to Joshua: Accusation (2,718) (#not in top 10 in 2020)
In regards to the countries that registered views in 2021, the top 10 remained the same except for a slight reshuffling of the order. The list looks like this:
- #1: The United States (56,707) (#1 in 2020)
- #2: Nigeria (2,816) (#6 in 2020)
- #3: Canada (2,675) (#3 in 2020)
- #4: The United Kingdom (2,576) (#2 in 2020)
- #5: Philippines (2,457) (#5 in 2020)
- #6: India (2,331) (#4 in 2020)
- #7: South Africa (2,027) (#7 in 2020)
- #8: Australia (1,458) (#9 in 2020)
- #9: Kenya (877) (#8 in 2020)
- #10: Singapore (769) (#10 in 2020)
In closing, let me say the two words that I always say to my readers at this time of year: THANK YOU. I operate this blog as a way of being obedient to God, and that applies regardless of whether or not anybody but Him reads what I write. But it’s certainly encouraging to know that a lot of people read this site and glean spiritual help from it. So, whether you are a regular visitor or just an infrequent passer-by, please know that I appreciate you spending some time on the site and reading something that I have written. I’ll admit that at times the work gets hard and some weeks I just don’t feel like writing anything, but the work pays off when I can provide a positive year-end report like this one. Like I said, I don’t know if I will ever do another one of these, but if this is the last one, then it sure is a good one to have as a caboose.
You do an outstanding job of writing & communicating God’s Word! I think you should continue on as you are reaching so many people all over the world. The numbers attest to the fact that God’s Word is going out and He must be pleased with you…& those who are seeking Him. He is the Only One we really need to be concerned to please. May God bless you, your work for Him, & your family! Happy New Year!
Thank you so much, Angie. I appreciate the encouragement. May God bless you as well, and I hope you and yours have a wonderful 2022.